Regional Director of Sales and Marketing - Southeast
Real Hospitality Group
Location: US - MD - Ocean City
REPORTS TO: Vice President - Sales & Marketing
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Directors of Sales, Sales Managers
Purpose for the Position: To supervise regional sales and marketing effort for several full and limited service hotels.
- Oversee and strategize sales and marketing effort of assigned region's full and limited service hotels.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of budgets.
- Assist with current and potential account management.
- Coordinate and develop with Sales team, the individual marketing plans.
- Stay informed of competition and industry developments.
- Analyze hotel revenue and forecast reports.
- Work in conjunction with Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Regional Director of Operations and Revenue Managers, to ensure that established revenue goals are achieved.
- Create and implement strategic marketing initiatives in tandem with Sales Directors/Managers, training and mentoring them as required.
- Administer quarterly action plans and monitor incentive program.
- Conduct PSS training and other training vehicles as needed.
- Plan, select, and implement regional and national advertising and media placement.
- Work with Vice President - Sales & Marketing to plan appropriate and specific programs.
- Conduct sales audits by assigned properties.
- Travel as necessary with Sales Directors/Managers to enhance their marketing skills.
- Mentor, coach, and assist as necessary, assigned Sales teams, to ensure their success. Supervise franchise sales initiatives.
- Represent RHG properties at Trade Shows and annual franchise conferences and sales blitzes as necessary.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in hotel sales and marketing.
- Experience in the NYC Manhattan market
- Multi property management experience
- Experience as Director of Sales in full service hotel.
- Experience in Association market.
- Computer literate.
- Be organized, detail oriented, creative, and analytical.
- Have strong presentation skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse groups.
- Travel within the US including overnight travel.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
Physical Demands: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, talking, hearing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Educational Requirements: Four-year degree at an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent industry experience.