Warwick Hotels and Resorts
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing - Europe
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in France will not be considered.
We believe our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We place a great deal of importance on recruiting the best team possible, searching for new employees who share our passion and commitment to service excellence. We believe one of our primary responsibilities is to our team, the ones that make this company great. At Warwick International Hotels, we are interested in people with a strong customer service focus, initiative, creativity, innovation and talent, and those that possess an open mind to new opportunities. Individuals looking for an innovative and progressive hospitality company that believes the purpose for our existence is to serve our guest in comfortable surroundings should consider a career with Warwick International Hotels. Life is a collection of special moments....Let Warwick be part of it!
The Regional Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing a region of several full service, and premium select service branded and/or independent hotels. Eligible for yearly incentive bonus program. The position is based in Paris, France.
- Driving sales
- Provides guidance and direction to hotel Directors of Sales and Directors of Sales & Marketing to maximize hotel sales revenue – rooms, banquet & catering, ancillary revenues
- Assists with creation and management of annual strategic plan
- Ensure sales goals and budgets are met or exceeded by each hotel
- Create and develop hotel sales & marketing plans and actions to maximize enterprise value while maintaining brand identity and standards.
- Develop and implement targeted sales initiatives designed to penetrate specific market segments, key accounts or designated time periods .
- Evaluate and track hotel revenue performance of your hotel region against budget, brand benchmarks and Warwick Hotels & Resorts portfolio
- Assist in creation of tactical, creative and cooperative targeted marketing initiatives to drive revenues.
- Assist in determining ROI of promotional events, marketing spend, trade shows and industry events..
- Utilize sales & marketing tools and reports to maximize hotel revenues and Revpar – STAR, Hotelligence, reader board, rate shops, etc.
- Adherence and knowledge of brand programs and initiatives.
- Analysis skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Strong communication skills required with marketing, revenue management and operational teams at both property level and corporate.
- Building and Inspiring a Great Team
- Assist and own the process of sourcing, assessing and hiring hotel DOS/DOSM for region.
- Participate, guide and approve sales team progressive discipline.
- Conduct on property visits to your hotels to assess strength of sales leadership, strategic culture and adherence to Warwick Hotels & Resorts signature sales standards.
- Identify opportunities to reward performance and celebrate success wildly.
- Participate and assist in facilitation of quarterly sales celebrations.
- Assist with career-pathing by identifying candidates ready for the next step
This position directly manages the Directors of Sales and/or Director of Sales & Marketing of the region. This position carries out management responsibilities in accordance with Warwick Hotels & Resorts policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Must be computer literate; have experience using Internet Explorer, Delphi, Microsoft Office, Brand tools & systems
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of leading a team and achieving results
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis and effective decision-making
- Skills for negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to conduct budgetary analysis and interpret and analyze results
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training and motivation of managers
- Delphi experience is strongly preferred
Preferred & Required Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the Regional Director of Sales job duties.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a regional or multi–unit sales management oversight
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a hotel Director of Sales or Director of Sales & Marketing
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.