Canada’s most dynamic and diverse hotel management company, Atlific Hotels, is seeking a Maintenance Regional Director for eight (8) of their Fort McMurray managed properties. Under the supervision of the Fort McMurray Area Director, the Regional Director of Maintenance will be responsible for providing guidance and direction to the Maintenance Managers and their respective teams. A key responsibility of the role is to bridge the maintenance and project teams to ensure smooth project execution and handover. As a Regional Director, this role oversees the maintenance and engineering division for the company and provides leadership and guidance in all areas related to asset maintenance, safety, security, repairs and replacements. If you are a creative individual who thrives in an environment where you can optimize processes and efficiency by testing new ideas/strategies to drive business, we encourage you to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
The Maintenance Regional Directors duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the physical plant and grounds at all properties ( 8) including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with local codes and regulations;
- Work closely with the Hotel General Manager teams on major repairs, renovation planning, budgeting, proposals and execution, and ensure smooth handover to the assigned contractor and Maintenance teams;
- Coach and support Maintenance Team to effectively manage controllable expenses.
- Oversee training of engineering teams across all properties with a focus on property management systems, procedures, equipment and life safety;
- Administer service contracts to support property needs;
- Review building and equipment licenses, permits, safety inspections and certifications for each property and update documentation as needed;
- Supervise Major repairs and renovation projects to ensure timely completion within budgeted guidelines;
- Oversee strategies to manage and control heat, light and power usage across properties;
- Assist in developing and overseeing Engineering budgets, including capital expenditure goals;
- Work with each hotel to review financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget for each property;
- Oversee execution of long-term preventative maintenance and 10-year asset protection plans for each property;
- Provide guidance to hotels on resolving maintenance issues which constantly cause guest problems and complaints;
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Responsible for Quarterly Quality performance checklist and completion of all maintenance related defects as required. Routine maintenance of public spaces, meeting rooms, guest rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and associate work areas;
- Ensure compliance with provincial, local and federal regulations;
- Ensure property life safety systems are maintained (e.g., fire-fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems);
- Review and manage controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.Take steps to ensure that appropriate disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policies and standards of operation for the Hotel group;
- Foster relationships that encourage team member feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address problems or concerns in a timely manner;
- Ensure recognition of team member contributions and successes;
- Bring issues to the attention of Area Director as necessary;
- Ensure that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the maintenance engineering operation and that daily operations activities are communicated, expectations are set and there is a strong awareness of business objectives.
In addition to responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will :
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC/ Refrigeration/Electrical/Plumbing;
- 4th class power engineering certificate, or higher, an asset;
- Experience in maintenance in a hotel environment is a strong asset;
- Experience managing renovation projects or overseeing building construction/development is a key asset for the role;
- Good physical condition, as position can be physically demanding;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and guest service skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Computer and hotel systems knowledge an asset (MS Office, PMS, electronic key systems etc);
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule. Willing to respond to after-hours emergencies;
- Proficient in problem-solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision making;
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace;
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- This role will require frequent travel between property locations. Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Available to work evenings/weekends as required;
- Thorough knowledge of federal, provincial and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their federal, provincial and local analogues (where applicable): Health and Safety Code. Lifts Act Code, Building Code, WCB, Occupiers Liability Act.
Those interested are invited to submit their covering letter and resume to;
Area Director – Fort McMurray- Alberta