Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
||US - VA - Arlington
||Regional Director of eCommerce
| Work Permit Needed:
||Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Regional Director of eCommerce
BASIC PURPOSE:Develop and support the implementation of property-based online marketing initiatives and customer relationship marketing programs. Online marketing to include social media, web content; search engine optimization; e-mail marketing; pay-per clicks; reputation management; link and internet distribution channels.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for managing the execution of property-based internet-related projects from concept through development, delivery and analysis.
- Evaluate each brand's eCommerce service options to determine benefit to participating hotel
- Hotel Website Optimization - ensure the following is being properly serviced; providing direct support as needed.
- Maintain/Produce online hotel video tours
- Local Search Marketing; Create hotel profiles and make continuous updates to content and photography
- APPLY current online marketing - Review new technologies and opportunities for greater online marketing such as Social Media 2.0, group meeting intermediaries etc.
- OTA technical support - Respond , solve, and track issues relating to customer access and availability of hotel eChannel booking sites.
- Independent website management - In the absence of an outside vendor or brand support, update/maintain restaurants, corporate and independent websites for events/hotels that host an independent website.
- Brand eTools Training - Train and assist hotels with use of Brand Sales Tools such as Custom Web Pages, ResLink, eRooming list, eGroup list to manage group bookings more efficiently. Quarterly Paid Search (pay-per-click) campaigns
- Create/maintain/report ROI on participating hotel paid search campaigns on monthly basis for hotels that participate Monthly Email Blasts/Email Marketing Hotels that choose to participate in email blasts train and coordinate email marketing via Magnet Mail. Review federal anti-Spam laws. Assist hotels with measuring ROI.
- Online Reputation Management - Monitor all guest reviews as soon as they are posted on TripAdvisor.com. Review all hotel responses, providing guidance/feedback
- Internet Group Prospecting - Send out hotel leads for new construction project as well as federal/state government contract lead sources. Additionally, train Sales personnel on how to prospect for sales leads via the internet during quarterly webinar training. Training is extensive on various methods to prospect online.
- Online Hotel Package/DEALS - Train hotels and assist with implementation on how to create and post Hotel Packages/DEALS. Write Copy & Submit deals offer form to brand team if requested by property.
- eCommerce Reporting - Analyze and compose various eCommerce channels and hotel performance on the channels via a comprehensive snapshot emailed directly to the GM. Includes conversion rates, natural search results, eTools, OTA revenue, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization -
- GPS/Info USA - Submit hotel location to all 3 GPS navigation companies who provide data for GPS systems. This includes and enhanced listing on InfoUSA feeding multiple data sources. Initially & As needed
- Social Media - Create Facebook Landing page or full Facebook page. Possibility for Twitter and multiple channels. Ensure ongoing updates are being maintained by the property or vendor support.
- Online Directory - Enroll hotels in all applicable online directories/lead sites (CCR, FEMA, Hotelsatperdiem, CVENT.com, Starcite as needed)
- Group Intermediaries & Offers - Ensure hotels are signed up for the major hotel intermediaries in order to create additional group business. Assist hotels with writing and submitting any hotel branded group offers.
- Hotel Photography - Schedule photography shoots for new and renovated hotels. Write hotel photo captions and submit to Brand for website upload.
- On-line Catering menu - As requested assist hotels with loading menus on website for guest access As Needed
- Custom Web Pages - Help develop and manage content of custom web pages for weddings and events on full service hotel web sites. As Needed
- Identify new on-line revenue opportunities
Knowledge and Skills:
- A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred.High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- Five years combined hotel eMarketing, Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, Data Management and supervisory experience.Prior hotel/travel industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of marketing communication mediums to include but not limited to Print Advertising, Internet Marketing, Public Relations
- Ability to develop and manage database information for marketing and sales communication
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce internal/external sales and marketing communication and presentations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities
- Ability to effectively deal with department heads, executive committee members, team members, hotel owners and corporate staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
- Ability to create and maximize revenue from various Social Media mediums
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and Website Content Management
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Understanding of Online Travel Agencies, Meta Sites and basic Pay Per Click practices