This position supports the hotel engineering organization by giving direction to Area Champions, Chief
Engineers and Maintenance Engineers. Plays a key role in overseeing, coordinating and assisting the
activities of the maintenance staff. Ensures repair, maintenance and engineering activities and the
preventative maintenance program are completed as directed and supports or monitors capital repair
and renovation projects. The major responsibility in this position is providing direction to Area
Champions and hotel engineering staff members by advising them how to accomplish the maintenance
and engineering functions of the hotel in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality policies and
procedures. This person must understand the practices, techniques and technologies required in the
work they are performing or monitoring.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Two years of college or vocational training in electrical or
mechanical engineering or plumbing plus six years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant
operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels.
• One or more certifications in plumbing, HVAC or electrical. Minimum Type III EPA Certification for
refrigerant reclamation and charging required. Other licensure as required by law.
• Ability to communicate appropriately with hotel staff and Corporate staff.
• Specialization in technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) is required. An ability to advance
knowledge in these areas, and to mentor others, is essential.
• Customer service
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to monitor contractor activity
• Project management
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Effectively and professionally communicates with co-workers and supervisor.
• Follows company policies and procedures and ensures adherence is achieved by field engineering staff
• Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to attendance guidelines set forth in the employee
handbook. Expected to report to work on scheduled days and at scheduled times.
• Conducts or arranges for training of co-workers and subordinates regarding safety, security,
department procedures, repair and maintenance techniques, operational procedures and service
• Supervises and assists engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room
equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool
equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
• Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding
• Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of, and products and materials used in, repair
• Obtains pricing and bids, or develops cost estimates as directed.
• Support the capital purchasing program in accordance with guidelines.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, plans and manuals for successful supervision of activities.
• Participate in regular conference calls with Corporate Director of Engineering – Field Operations.
• Ensure hotels are operated safely, efficiently and in accordance with regulatory agencies.
• Conduct Peer Review or other site visits at hotels in area of responsibility.
• Generate written reports and recommendations. Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or
• Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
• Establishes and develops internal relationships: All hotel departments and Area Champion at the
property level, Capital Project Managers, Capital Project Administrators, Corporate Director of
Engineering – Field Operations and Senior Vice President Hotel Performance Support at the corporate
• Establishes and develops external relationships with vendors for bids, purchasing, and receiving
supplies, as well as guests at the hotel with regard to customer service.
• Travel is required approximately 80% of the time.
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Fax: 580 924-0004