Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
The Recycling Custodian delivers Custodial Services to the Hotel and provides exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for our Guest, staff, visitors and help in managing the Recycling Solid Waste Management Program.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or Director of Purchasing.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest and employee expectations.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Performs daily tasks in accordance with assignment schedule
* Check collections sites daily to ensure collection of full or partially full recycling containers on each floor are emptied on schedule
* Check hallways and other designated cardboard collection area's to ensure collection of cardboard is on schedule
* Monitor loading docks to ensure that docks are clean, sweep, and cleanliness is maintained
* Monitor area's in front of loading docks and area's surrounding recycling and garbage containers (including compactors) to ensure that these areas are clean, sweep, and cleanliness is maintained
* Respond to overflowing , recycling, and waste containers
* Clean food waste containers, and other recycling and waste collection containers
* Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; high pressure washers, brooms, Mops, for the cleaning and general maintenance of grounds
* Monitor the use and care of all assigned custodial equipment and supplies
* Records daily work completed on assignment sheet
* Responsible for maintaining inventory of recycle supplies
* Performs related other duties as assigned
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Ability to stand and work for a long period of time
* Capable of standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, and reaching continuously throughout shift
* Must have basic communication skills in English
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evening hours as needed per area assignment
* Frequent contacts with cleaning fluids and possibly other hazardous materials. Must follow OSHA safety standards concerning these products.
* Satisfactory personal appearance and hygiene within company guidelines
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.