Receiving- Storeroom Clerk
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Storeroom Clerk to work at to work at our new property opening in April, The Summit Hotel, in Cincinnati, OH.This position is responsible for overseeing all storeroom inventory and operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Check shipment by comparing it with purchase order and/or invoice to insure what is being received is what was ordered (quantity, price, quality, state, size, count, weight tolerance and acceptable expiration date and received at the proper temperature).
- Work in conjunction with Purchasing Manager to ensure appropriate handling, transport, and documentation of all food ordering and receiving between departments.
- To follow/adhere to established standard operating procedures and local health regulations.
- Document discrepancy and notify supervisor immediately of shortage to arrange for a credit and replacement.
- Help to set up local vendors and products and communicate items that need to be used.
- Assists with placing orders or any other reasonable task assigned.
- Receives orders and rotates stock when putting the orders away. All incoming products need to be rotated FIFO (First in, First Out) and dated to insure the products are rotated properly to avoid spoilage.
- Assist in conducting End-Of-Month Physical Inventory.
- Ensure the storeroom is clean and organized at all times.
- Minimum formal education of a high school diploma, or GED.
- A minimum of one year of job-related experience in purchasing/inventory control/warehouse experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- High degree of computer proficiency, including a high familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Experienced working with Birchstreet procurement system preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail. • Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs.
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
· May have to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)