Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
* Responsible for receiving non-food deliveries and guest convention packages. Also prepares proper documentation for received deliveries and processes outgoing mail/packages.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Check shipment by comparing it with Daily Order Sheet and invoice to insure that what we are receiving is what was ordered (quantity, price, quality state, size, count, weight tolerance and acceptable expiration date).
* Fill out an error correction when necessary in duplicate to assure proper credit for amount of discrepancy and notify Store Room Manager immediately of shortage to arrange for a replacement.
* If shipment is correct, time stamp and sign driver's and hotel copies of invoice. Place the hotel stamp on front side of invoice and sign next to "Received By".
* If shipment is received with delivery slip or memo invoice, follow same procedure and fill out a "goods received without invoice" form (completed after inspection).
* Submit daily a progress report to Purchasing for outstanding deliveries.
* Directs the traffic of all incoming items until they have been properly dated, priced, labeled or tagged. The pricing procedure is to be done by the Receiving Agent, Storeroom Manager or Assistant Purchasing Manager only. All items will be priced out "as purchased", i.e., per each, per pound, per case.
* Labels all incoming bread and bakery deliveries as to outlet or banquet function.
* Conduct random spot-checks of all perishable items for proper storing and packaging to guard against quality loss due to over-exposure to storage temperatures, improper rotation, etc.
* Assists and directs inventory documentaries along with the Storeroom Manager as necessary.
* Assists Storeroom Clerks in filling requisitions and sanitation maintenance daily.
* Assist in conducting End-Of-Month Physical Inventory.
* Responsible for providing receiving record and invoice/packing slips to accounts payable daily
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Must have strong attention to detail
* Ability to stand for a long period of time, stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50lbs.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and holidays)
* Ability to multi-task
* Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Must be able to enter receipts into the computer system adhering to the requirements of accounts payable.
* Ability to use a pallet jack.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.