Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for maintaining the flow of deliveries to and from the receiving department, and the correct distribution of orders and requisitions to the outlets. This position is responsible for ensuring all deliveries are received and stored according to resort standards, as well as overall cleanliness of the receiving area.Essential Functions
- Responsible for receipt and delivery of all goods
- Responsible for assisting the Purchasing Director with all ordering as needed
- Work closely with Chefs and Managers in determining the appropriate items and par levels
- Supervision of storeroom/purchasing personnel as dictated by the Purchasing Director
- Responsible for shipping and tracking outgoing packages
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of all items received; checking correct pricing and correct standards of quality
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of all orders that leave the purchasing areas, under the supervision of the Director and Purchasing Manager
- Maintain complete knowledge of computers and manual systems
- Assists with monthly inventories
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- 1+ years related purchasing or Lodging/Hospitality experience required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50-100 pounds on a consistent basis
- Must be able to move several hundred pounds with proper equipment
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written