As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
Welcoming visitors from their first glimpse of Clearwater Beach’s iconic skyline, as its signature centerpiece with the grandest of entrances, Wyndham Grand celebrates the destination’s best – from its famed beaches and breathtaking sunsets, to its refreshing gulf breezes and varied experiences - all within steps of the resort’s spectacular open-air lobby. Refined, yet relaxed, the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach lives up to its name, connecting with guests through its highly-personalized and anticipatory service, while delivering memorable experiences that evoke the distinctive charm and spirit of Clearwater Beach.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for handling and overseeing the procurement of goods and services through appropriate bidding processes to achieve optimum price value while maintaining superior quality consistent with Wyndham’s established control policies and procedures. The Purchasing Manager also maintains and organizes the hotel’s storage facilities, ensures proper distribution, and assists in implementation of key controls associated with the procurement and accounting of goods and services.
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.