Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Stanford Hotels Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their team! The ideal candidate would have experience sourcing materials such as furniture, fixtures, equipment, linen, duvets, and other customized products in the hospitality or construction industry. This position will handle renovations and new builds within the Stanford Hotels Corporation portfolio.
- Evaluate, negotiate and select vendors with consideration of price, quality, delivery and acceptability of items to specifications
- Analysis of buying trends, market conditions, budgets, material policies, suppliers, contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements
- Oversee all activities related to procurement from intent to purchase through delivery
- Strategic planning to trim costs and improve inefficiencies, tracking purchase costs and savings on monthly basis
- Meet profitability objectives set on an annual basis
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration is preferred
- 5 years of experience purchasing in a hospitality or construction environment. FF&E purchasing preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with proven track record of achieving year-to-year cost reductions and lead time reductions
- Must be extremely flexible and able to successfully manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Must possess extremely good judgment and independent decision making abilities
- Strong analytical, finance, negotiation, project management and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of ethical procurement practices
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- LOCAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FIRST FOR THIS POSITION
Licenses & Certifications