At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
BASIC FUNCTION: To plan, organize, direct and control all purchasing functions of the hotel to ensure that the highest quality product is purchased at the best possible price while adhering to corporate policies and scheduling demands.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Must have 5 years of related experience in similar environment.
v Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within the purchasing & receiving area.
v Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
v Excellent customer service and communication skills.
v Pleasant and positive personality.
v Well organized.
v Ability to listen effectively, speaks, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
v Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
v Additional language ability preferred.
1. Communicates with Director F&B, Executive Chef and sous chefs and orders all F&B
products according to hotel needs and specifications. Forecasts operational needs and
schedules deliveries of all food and beverage items.
2. Monitors the grades and quality of products received to ensure that they meet the hotel's established standards.
3. Determines the food and beverage requirements for all catering menus, and orders according to guarantee of the menus.
4. Participates in all hotel meetings including weekly staff, F&B, and daily menu meeting.
5. Supervises purchasing staff, including interviewing prospective employees for the purchasing department, training, coaching, counseling and discipline, to ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of the purchasing department, such as ordering, receiving, issuing and storing.
6. Obtains bids from vendors, using the telephone and FAX machines, according to the specifications set by the department heads. Determines the best possible price for the desired items, and places orders for all non-food items. Schedules deliveries of non-food items to meet the operational needs outlined by the department heads.
7. Maintains regional and corporate purchasing programs and arrangements. Ensures adherence to all corporate purchasing policies and procedures such as requisition process.
8. Personally checks and ensures appropriate levels of inventories are maintained to minimize waste and maximize ratio turnover.
9. Participate and oversee month end inventory of items in the stock room.
10. Make sure all employees have a succession plan and opportunity for growth.
11. Participate in all property recognition programs.
12. Develop a recognition program to ensure employees who go above and beyond are
13. Encourage and model a professional and Bee the Difference attitude at all times.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
· Performs duties of storeroom receiving clerk, receiving, filling requisitions, and rotation of stock.
· Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have full knowledge of food, beverage, general and printing products and purchasing procedures.
· Basic mathematical and computer skills to order items and track deliveries.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to complete forms and inventories,read billings and invoices, and communicate with co-workers and purveyors.
· Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.