As a Purchasing Agent, you will fill a team support role in the Purchasing Department by assisting in daily purchasing and receiving tasks, provide hotel support, and manage vendor relationships.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have one or more years of Purchasing and/or Food & Beverage experience, preferably hotel/hospitality field experience.
- Be responsible for optimizing the effectiveness in providing the hotel with the best prices for the best products and contributing to the overall profitability of the hotel.
- Place all orders through company approved eProcurement system while adhering to all system policies and procedures.
- Ensures all orders coming in are confirmed for accuracy and product quality. Communicate all changes, outs, or substitutions with Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Supervisor as they occur.
- Interact with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
- Inspecting orders and storing product set forth by the State or Federal health codes.
- Assists in the performance of monthly/quarterly/annual inventories.
- Ensures proper dating, tagging of all food products, materials placed in storerooms.
- Performs all operations necessary to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the receiving area.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions