At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Find peace, quiet and wide-open spaces at Doral Arrowwood, the premier Resort and Conference Center in Westchester County. Nestled in the heart of 114 acres Doral Arrowwood offers an array of resort activities to relax and unwind. As a truly unique destination, this picturesque retreat features restful lodging, delicious dining, and exceptional meeting and special event venues designed to accommodate corporate executives and leisure guests.
By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion is to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guests floors by high dusting of walls, vacuuming, refilling, cleaning and stamping of sand urns.
- Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks.
- Mark removal of hallway wallpaper.
- Dust and wash hallway lights.
- Wash hallway windows.
- Clean vending machine rooms.
- Assist Room Attendants with heavy lifting and trash removal.
- Ensure that linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
- Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
- Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Room Attendants carts throughout the day.
- Responsible for cleanliness of linen closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
- Clean emergency stairways, including sweeping and mopping and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Responsible care of equipment and machines.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office.
- Follow all training procedures set forth in the “Bloodborne Pathogens Program”.
- Practice safety standards at all times. Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisors.
- Make improvement recommendations to supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Neat, pleasant personality.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces. Occasional outdoor work. Good ventilation with artificial lighting.
Benchmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We encourage a diverse workplace that reflects the diversity of our community.