Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. owns and operates the highest quality portfolio of site-set home communities in the country. Equity LifeStyle leases developed sites to the owners of site-set homes. Equity LifeStyle owns or has a controlling interest in over 370 quality communities in 32 states and British Columbia, offering more than 140,000 individual home sites in major metropolitan areas and key retirement destinations nationwide. ELS is a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ELS. Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our mission is to operate high quality site-set housing communities responsibly and ethically.
- To share an absolute passion for excellence and resident satisfaction at every level.
- To empower every employee to take initiative and be a creative agent of change.
- To set and meet aggressive goals that benefit our residents, employees and shareholders.
ELS is committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging, and rich in benefits and offers opportunities for growth. At ELS, we draw upon the strength of our workforce, to meet and exceed the expectations of the diverse customers that we serve.
We're committed to supporting the growth and development of employees at all levels to help contribute to your success.
We are currently seeking a qualified Public Relations Specialist for our Chicago office. The Public Relations Specialist will play a key role within the marketing team, developing brand and property awareness and securing positive local and national publicity. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a positive public image for the organization, including promotion of three main brands as well as individual properties.
Job duties Include:
* Develop and implement strategic PR programs to achieve significant increases in brand and property awareness on local and national levels
* Identify key media outlets
* Cultivate relationships with key members of local and national media outlets
* Identify, research and draft compelling media pitches and alerts
* Perform outreach to both national and local media to achieve visibility in print, broadcast and online media outlets and conduct appropriate follow up
* Write and distribute clear and compelling press releases
* Work with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for positive coverage
* Identify industry trends and opportunities to be leveraged
* Manage and respond to reactive PR situations, including media inquiries and proactive and reactive resident/guest communications
* Act as spokesperson for the organization as needed
* Review and respond to HARO opportunities
* Proactively track editorial calendars of target publications
* Monitor and track daily media coverage
* Analyze and measure results of PR programs
* Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field of study
* 3-5 years relevant experience in public relations and communications
* Experience with both proactive and reactive PR, including crisis communications
* Strong network of media contacts, both locally and in markets across the US
* Proven successes in both traditional and interactive PR channels
* Strong-sense of teamwork and ability to both manage AND execute programs
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency with PR applications such as Cision or Meltwater
* Proficiency with basic computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platform
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, life insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit us at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.