Public Area Manager
Great Wolf Lodge Niagara
Location: CA - ON - Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls, ON, CA L2E 7M8
The Public Areas Manager is responsible for the overall cleanliness of Great Wolf Lodge including the lobby, lounge, public restrooms, restaurants, retail shops, spa, waterpark and offices. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: delegating cleaning assignments to ensure like new standards at all times schedule employees for applicable shifts and work closely with housekeeping management to run department, and assumes responsibility that all public area work is done correctly and on time. This individual is also expected to ensure proper staffing level, and conduct inspections of employees to ensure proper cleaning.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Allocate work duties to Team Members and supervising contractors
- Perform routine inspections of all public areas, service areas, and storerooms
- Report and follow up on any maintenance defects or other issues
- Schedule and supervise deep cleaning and any other projects
- Manage and train Public Area Attendants and other Team Members to ensure their performance meets the standards required
- Manage, efficiently, stock control and the maintenance of equipment
- Provide excellent Guest service
- Ensure departmental adherence to, and awareness of, key service and health and safety standards
- Work closely with all departments for “like new standards”
- Excellent management skills including conflict resolution, coaching, development and teamwork.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in housekeeping, within a supervisory or management role, preferably in a full service hotel or institutional environment.
- Awareness and ability to comply with Ontario Labor Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of cleaning techniques and equipment
- Must have outstanding leadership skills that showcase the ability to motivate & support employees
- Handle hospitality industry challenges in a professional manner
- Maintain departmental planning & organization, Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate computer competence and efficiency
- Adequately problem solve and resolve interdepartmental conflict. Strive for customer satisfaction
- Maintain hotel performance standards while encouraging growth and improvements within the department, lodge and pack members
- Previous experience with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Opera PMS is a valuable asset.
- Must be flexible to work as business levels dictate.
- Lift up to 30 lbs., bending, stretching.
- Extensive walking
- Exposure to chemicals
A completed police clearance is to be submitted as a condition of employment.
Great Wolf Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All applicable provincial and federal laws will be followed to ensure consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability or other classification protected by law. Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with applicable law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection will be made on job related factors. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org