Make a splash and enjoy working at the all-new Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge! There’s sweetness around every corner with 30,000 square feet of family fun including Twizzler's Twists water slides and an adventure across Reese's Water Walk! Learn more about our new indoor pool complex here: http://www.hersheylodge.com/recreation/indoor-pool.php
Pool lifeguards ensure the safety of our guests at Hershey Lodge while providing courteous, friendly, and professional assistance.
Applicants do not need to be previously certified lifeguards to apply; training for the position will be conducted by the Hershey Resort Properties through the International Pool and Lifeguard Training Program (Jeff Ellis & Associates). Applicants that are currently certified through American Red Cross or other Certification programs, are eligible to apply.
This part time position is responsible for providing our guests with exceptional customer service, following proper uniform standards, maintaining cleanliness of work environment, and gaining knowledge of specific job duties.
- Lifeguards are required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on their assigned job:
- Overseeing and enforcing swimming pool and attraction rules and safety regulations.
- Anticipating, recognizing, and responding to aquatic emergencies.
- Monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining work area and surrounding environment.
- Lifeguards must maintain lifeguard and first aid skills at "test ready" level at all times.
- Participate in weekly lifeguard in-service training.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants must attend and complete the Ellis & Assoc. International Pool and Lifeguard Training Program provided and paid for by the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts properties.
- Must be able to swim 100 yards using front crawl or breaststroke without resting.
- Must be able to feet first surface dive and retrieve a 10 lb. brick from a minimum depth of 8 ft. (or deepest depth of the facility) and bring it to the surface.
- Must be able to tread water without using arms for 1 minute.
- Must be able to safely exit pool without use of stairs, ladders, or zero depth.
- Ability to handle stressful working conditions, emergencies, and to accept a high degree of accountability.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must have normal vision. (20/25 or 20/25 corrected)
- Prior lifeguarding experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests.
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, weekends, and holiday
- Hours are from 5:00am-10:30pm
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, and communicating.
- Additional physical requirements include complete mobility and good physical conditioning, good hearing and vision, and ability to tolerate heat and sunlight.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 75 lbs
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer