This position is responsible for completing all grounds maintenance tasks for the Hershey Nursery.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
Responsible for completing all grounds maintenance tasks as assigned, completing time cards, exhibiting safe and productive work habits, and maintaining Nursery standards.
Tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to: spring clean-up, edging and mulching, trimming, pruning, mowing, annual work, watering, weeding, leaf clean-up, and other grounds maintenance tasks.
This position deals mainly with the maintenance and manicuring of an existing landscape.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- A proven interest in garden or lawn care.
- Ability to operate standard transmission vehicles.
- Knowledge and safe use of hand and/or power equipment involved in grounds maintenance required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekend work and overtime.
- Daily work shift may change due to work requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and operate heavy machinery.
- Considerable walking, stooping, lifting, and kneeling required.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer