This position is responsible for the proper recording and cashiering of dining checks and tips at The Circular at The Hotel Hershey, as well as making dining reservations for all dining outlets located at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a part time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
- Pricing checks accurately, according to guest consumption, meal plans, and sales package agreements
- Communicating with front desk and using computer system to correctly bill guests
- Recording tips and total earnings for employees and pay accordingly
- Cashiering checks in a timely manner, including counting money and handling change correctly;
- Explaining guest questions and discrepancies to wait staff; completing and balancing paperwork at the end of the shift, including determining deposit amount and safeguarding money
- Obtaining approval on credit cards used to pay bills
- Maintaining and ordering necessary supplies and money banks; and other duties as may be assigned.
- Answering phones in a timely manner
- Making dining reservations for The Circular, Trevi 5, and Harvest through Opentable
- Booking and charging of special events held at the Hotel Hershey
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work at least 16 hours per week.
- At least six months of previous cashiering experience helpful.
- Must have excellent math skills in order to handle transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to use computer system.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Shifts will vary according to operational needs, but will include flexible breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts; weekends and holidays included.
- Physical requirements include sitting (up to 100% of shift) and ability to see at close distances.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer