Property Support Manager
We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
Are you looking to grow your career and learn multiple brands We are currently looking fora Property Support Manager to join our team. This travelingposition will primarily be responsible for covering our North Dakota and Western MN properties. As a Property Support Manager, you willprovide management and sales support to hotels within a specified area/region.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs essential functions of General Manager in absence of assigned General Manager.
- Provides operations and sales support to the General Manager as directed by the Area Director.
- Assists Area Director or Corporate personnel as directed.
- Travels to hotels within the area/region, including extensive and or extended travel, depending on business operational needs.
- Directly supervises staff of hotel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong management skills; ability to establish work standards and expectations for self and others; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Ability to provide leadership in setting the employee's expected performance levels. Ability to inspire, motivate and guide others toward accomplishment.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to manage difficult guest situations, responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Ability to establish courses of action for self to accomplish specific goals.
- The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust. Takes proactive measures to identify and prevent situations that could result in negative situations.
- Ability to establish work standards and expectations for self and others.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; support decisions or recommendations with data or reasoning; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.