IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThe Hospitality Applications Project Manager serves as a strategic link between IT, the vendors with whom we do business, and the numerous departments and properties within Two Roads Hospitality. They have the requisite knowledge and skills to interpret business needs and translate them into value-added solutions. By nature, the individual in this role is a “trusted advisor” to the field – they consult, lead, and actively monitor technology strategy development, solution discovery, and application integration/project management with key stakeholders, enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
A successful Hospitality Applications Project Manager is proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They have strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, can work independently, are flexible, and can manage multiple ongoing projects as business priorities change. Because this role interacts with individuals from various levels both within and outside of the company, Hospitality Applications Project Managers can adjust their communication style to convey relevant and appropriate information to business contacts wherever necessary.
- Provide onsite or remote assistance for properties implementing new systems
- Act as a resource for functional/operations team (Revenue, Reservations, Rooms etc.)
- Act as a liaison with vendors
- Provide status updates to stakeholders
- Works as a member of the Technology Department team to help accomplish the goals and tasks of the department
Education / Certifications:
- College degree in business/hospitality preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and solution-driven troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated internal and external relationship management skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to non-technical and technical audiences at various levels
- Ability to complete items independently or work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects as required
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and adjust to changing business demands
- Travel required, Up to 50%
- Demonstrated understanding of hospitality application architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to understand IT systems and clearly define guidelines for project success
- Ability to provide installation assistance and recommendations to IT managers
- General understanding of the following technologies and services:
- PMS - Property Management Systems (ex. OPERA, Springer Miller Host, Maestro, etc.)
- POS - Point of Sale (ex. InfoGenesis, MICROS, SpaSoft, etc.)
- Interfaces with all hospitality management systems
- Microsoft Office including: Office 365, OneDrive, Project, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 5+ years in Hospitality Management, with experience in multiple hotel operations systems – can include experience in revenue management, reservations, front office, and sales & marketing
- 2+ years in Technical Project Implementations and Technical Support
- 2+ years in a Vendor implementations/consulting or account manager role