Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Stanford Hotels Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee the new build of SOMA South of Market Area project. The candidate will need to have ground up experience in hotels. This position will be based in the Corporate Office (located in San Francisco) 90% of the time and make occasional visits to the site to check on the work.
The Project Manager (PM) provides leadership for the Design and Construction team and recommends design improvements, construction techniques, and schedules individual projects. The PM monitors the development of the project, payment to contractors, changes, claims and inspection for conformance to design requirements. The PM provides current cost and progress information as the work proceeds. The PM has the responsibility of the project during the construction phase with support from the Sr. Construction Manager and the Director of Capital Projects.
- Manages and supervises all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate and negotiate all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Manage project budget and approves all expenses
- Interface with the owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Perform project punch-list inspection
- Establish design criteria, review design documents and construction phase review
- Establish and monitor project schedules and budgets
- Manage in-house and consulting design teams, contractor selection and management
- Degree in Construction Management / Architectural Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience as a Project Manager / Owner’s Rep
- 5 years of experience on large scale hospitality projects, such as high end retails, restaurants and hotels construction, new building and renovation management
- Must have ground-up/new build hotel experience
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Strong mechanical aptitude and analytic skill
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets with proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Prior experience handling new construction projects to budgets of various sizes and experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Experience with major renovation projects
- Experience with Bid Packages, Award Phase, Contract Administration and Coordination, Construction Phase, Cost Reports, Permits, Building Codes
- Strong track record managing subcontractors/general contractors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project, CAD, computerized timelines, flow charts, purchasing, inventory control, expediting, punch lists, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel to the hotel properties/sites and the Corporate Office as needed
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have prior ground-up hotel experience as a Project Manager
Bachelors or better in Construction & Project Management or related field.
5 years: As Project Manager on large scale Hospitality projects
Licenses & Certifications