Project Manager - Charlotte, NC
Location: US - FL - Orlando
Jan 12, 2018
The Project Manager (Construction/ Hotel Project Management) directs field project management services on assigned hospitality projects.
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing hotel construction and renovation, repositioning and ground up projects and overseeing general contractors.
- Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs. Manage or assists in managing project budgets for subject project and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in or may be responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners’ objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. Participates in contract negotiations with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers, hotel brands and vendors.
- Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk.
- Participates in project meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Project Management or similar role.
- Minimum 5 years of Hotel industry experience.
- High rise project experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
- Hotel Industry construction knowledge a plus
- Firm knowledge of construction.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients.
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the project.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.