JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Project Estimator is to develop proposals and project estimates in compliance with estimating procedures. The Project Estimator represents JHM on the construction of new properties and the renovation of existing properties between our Owners, Architects, Designers, Brand Representatives, General Contractors, Purchasing Company and Vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Must understand typical building systems and construction practices in order to properly evaluate cost effective and value oriented solutions.
- Accurately calculate the total costs associated with a construction project or the development of a new product.
- Review bids provided by sub-contractors in order to choose the most cost effective option.
- Determine the order of operations for expediency and identify the kinds and amounts of materials required.
- Take measurements, record data and estimate the quantity of materials needed to determine final cost of development.
- Utilize estimating methods and other project resources to establish total project estimates.
- Engage in direct contact with construction vendors and field contractors to assess project needs to communicate with management.
- Responsible for developing an estimate plan to coordinate with the Design & Construction team for estimate development and scheduling.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and accurately forecast production costs within a given timetable and budget for a project.
- Stay abreast of current estimating techniques by maintaining expertise through opportunities provided by professional organizations, networking with estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement and construction management industry.
- Must be knowledgeable about applicable local, state/federal and national guidelines.
College degree in Construction Management preferred; 3-5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity. Knowledgeable on structural systems, project planning, surveying systems and construction methodology. Including all aspects of process development and execution with keen analytical skills. Expertise in value engineering practices are a crucial component to this role.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants are subject to a background and substance abuse screening prior to any offers of employment.
NOTE: To apply, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=jhmhotels&jobId=188741⟨=en_US&source=CC3