About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is looking for a Project Ambassador.
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is managed by Stonebridge Companies and features 305 guest rooms, 22,000 square feet of function space and the award winning ZINK Kitchen +Bar.
Located one block from the Orchard Light Rail Station, the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center Creates A Rewarding Experience for our team members by providing the following benefits:
*Discounted RTD Ecopass
*Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
*401k retirement plan
*Company provided Life Insurance
*Opportunities for career growth
*Discounted employee meals
*Discounted hotel rooms
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Project Ambassador is an integral member of a project team who contributes to the development and completion of projects that vary in size and complexity. The purpose of this PROJECT AMBASSADOR role with Stonebridge is to assist in the research, planning, implementation and tracking of guest satisfaction improvement goals.
* Work with Sales/Catering team to achieve required sales team goals.
Assist with completing any required sales projects.
* Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
* Researches and applies unallocated cash.
* Work closely with the Director of Human Resources with communication and training tools for all ambassadors.
* Work closely with all departments to complete initial and ongoing service and culture training is required.
* Research and analyze guest service scores and comments to suggest opportunities for improvement.
* Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10 key calculators.
* Maintains telephone and personal contact with staff and vendors on receivable matters as directed by manager.
* Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
* Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time
* Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
Who You Are:
* Organized: You are responsible and possess discipline and determination. You are focused; a planner who likes to achieve and improve.
* Service Orientation: You have no issue making other people’s problems your own.
* Cooperative: Others might say you are good-natured, unselfish, and polite. You are genuinely interested in others’ needs and pleasant.
* Initiative: Asks for and offers help when needed. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Educational Requirements for Applying Candidates
Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
Be on track to master the following arithmetic competencies by the beginning of the apprenticeship in order to access potential college-level training content (as outlined in College Board Accuplacer Program Manual, October 2016):
* perform the basic arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and mixed numbers
* make conversions among fractions, decimals, and percentages
Applicants should be on track to master the following reading competencies by the beginning of the apprenticeship (as outlined in College Board Accuplacer Program Manual, October 2016):
* answer questions that require them to synthesize information, including gauging point of view and intended audience
* recognize organizing principles in a paragraph or passage
* identify contradictory or contrasting statements
Applicants must have basic working proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and experience communicating through email, including with attachments.
What You Will Learn:
Occupational Competencies the apprentice will develop in the role
* Project Management: Tracking a business project from beginning to end using spreadsheet or software tools to determine timelines, budgets, owners, and stakeholders.
* Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one, utilizing technical common sense to reduce overall impact of decisions on the customer.
* Accountability: The ability to take responsibility for own actions. Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
Foundational Competencies the apprentice will develop in this role
* Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriate questions to identify root cause through iterative questions, making sure to understand the severity of a problem.
* Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions; able to improve overall team performance and consider broader impact of individual decisions; aware of overall team goals and context; writes code that can be read and maintained by others.
* Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the risks and rewards of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems; seeing the big picture and identifying patterns like a large number of tickets for the same type of issue; identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM – Project Management Institute
* This apprenticeship will include a minimum of 2 college courses
Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center, 918 17th ST, Denver, CO 80202
* Total apprentices for this location: 1
* Total apprentices at company: 6
* Indoor – sitting / standing / walking / bending/ Lift -Up to 15 lbs./ Push or Pull up to 10 lbs. - May be exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the shift. Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment.
* Apprentice compensation – Year 1:
* Work Schedule:
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compens