Product Manager - Emerging Products & Innovation
At Richfield, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion from within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Richfield Hospitality sets high performance expectations, and we reward dedicated associates who are driven to produce impactful and innovative results for our guests and the company. Our flexible and nimble organization is maintained at a manageable size, enabling our associates to avoid bureaucratic red-tape. This competitive advantage drives our entrepreneurial management style that empowers our associates to make decisions, be creative, work resourcefully, and produce immediate results that exceed expectations.
The SHR Product Manager of Emerging Products and Innovation is a unique opportunity to be a key, high visibility individual that will determine the direction of the Product Roadmap for several initiatives and projects. The Ideal candidate will be accountable for all aspects of Product and Project Management including; product roadmap, pricing strategy, marketing intelligence, supplier engagement and creating a big-picture vision, as well as the drive to make that vision a reality. They must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for that market.
The candidate will be strategic, revenue driven, creative and can excel in a new and minimally structured environment.
The SHR Product Manager of Emerging Products and Innovation will communicate with all areas of the company. They will work with our Design and Development teams to define product release requirements and with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, and target customers. They will serve as the internal and external evangelist for our offering.
- Roadmap Product planning; Create a 12 month rolling Product Roadmap through analyzing data from various sources across the market, in order to identify genuine commercial opportunities.
- Specifying market requirements; Conducting market research and manages activities from product definition an planning through production, release, and end of life. Acts as primary point of contact to lead development and quality assurance resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
- Market Intelligence; Act as a go-to person for questions from all internal stakeholders. Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial need and competitive information.
- Pricing Strategy; Conduct cost estimates to determine proposed contract pricing terms. Compile materials and price lists from product/services specification documents. Estimate equipment and labor costs, and calculate profit, gross margins and other pricing metrics.
- Strategic Supplier Relationships Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships & contracts for suppliers, identifying their needs, creating, and securing commercial offerings, whilst working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure their successful delivery into each market.
- Driving a solution set across development teams through market requirements and product positioning.
- Developing a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 Years Product Management or Commercial Experience with SaaS and/or the Hospitality Sector.
- Prior knowledge or work experience of Hospitality or Distribution technology is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilit
- Excellent analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills — ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw concl
- Confident in using all the Microsoft Office professional software packages and their advanced functions.
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills, sales skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Detail oriented with a bias toward action (project management)
- Demonstrated ability in ensure achievement of client objectives and company financial objectives through understanding of client objectives and influencing and directing internal product and operations teams
- Participation in compliance activities that include audit log collection, analysis & reporting
- Ability, patience and self-confidence to work with inexperienced or frustrated customers who may not be familiar with our products or procedures
- Consistently energetic performer with an upbeat, positive attitude that will show through to our customers
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment