He/she must possess good negotiating skills as well as a feel of the hotel's operating requirements to insure that goods or services are made available to the hotel at the right quality, price and at the right time.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We offer our guests one-of-a-kind experiences, service that's intuitive and connections to people and places near or far. We're the destination of a new generation of global travelers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect. People who know that the greatest luxury is the luxury of being yourself.
If you understand what itﾒs like to juggle life, business, and pleasure and know how to bring a sense of luxury to that type of travel experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Conrad Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Conrad Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests the luxury of just being themselves.
What will I be doing?
1. Assist in the procurement of all daily purchases according to Conrad standards, policies and procedures.
2. Assist in preparing purchase orders for approval.
3. Assist in maintaining and updating records of all suppliers and their products.
4. Assist in confirming orders to suppliers.
5. Perform general clerical work such as typing, filing, updating record in the computer or delivering samples to various departments for their approval, etc.
6. Assist in conducting pricing and product survey from various suppliers. Also quotes for recurring items.
7. Any other duties or special assignments that may be required by the Procurement Manager or Assistant Procurement Manager from time to time.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
A Procurement Officer serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
Good time management and organisation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Conrad Hotels & Resorts --- where you'll enjoy the luxury of being yourself.
- A high-profile destination
- More than doubling the number of Conrad properties by 2014
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts celebrates 25 years of success in the hospitality industry.