At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Find peace, quiet and wide-open spaces at Doral Arrowwood, the premier Resort and Conference Center in Westchester County. Nestled in the heart of 114 acres Doral Arrowwood offers an array of resort activities to relax and unwind. As a truly unique destination, this picturesque retreat features restful lodging, delicious dining, and exceptional meeting and special event venues designed to accommodate corporate executives and leisure guests.
By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion is to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Check daily production sheets and check with Sous Chef or Lead Cook as to daily work assignment.
- Prepares cold and hot food items according to recipes.
- Assist Cooks with preparation and execution of food for special events and banquets.
- Assist in any area of the kitchen as needed.
- Maintain kitchen in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Timely execution of all meal functions.
- Complete all assignments requested.
- Must be able to read recipes and execute menu items.
- Maintain a high level of sanitation, safety and food quality.
- Maintain a superior level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of kitchens and storage areas.
- Stores, labels and dates all food items according to policy. Follows HACCP guidelines.
- Cleans assigned work station areas
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, management and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months restaurant experience preferred.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Can multitask in a high-volume kitchen.
Work shifts available AM or PM, must be able to work weekends and holidays according to business levels. Uniforms and meals provided.