Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Opens up each morning or afternoon preparing and organizing the station and cooking all food necessary to start serving.
- Prepares all items off menus; sauces, soups, buffet entrees, and switches over from breakfast to lunch or lunch to dinner at the assigned time
- Learns menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation.
- Prepares all orders as turned in by servers and ensures all orders cooked quickly and according to order; also that food leaves the kitchen in peek condition.
- Ensures that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Must be able to visible recognize "condition" of food, and cooking temperatures.
- Must maintain work area.
- Remember your presentation of the food that you send out to our guests is extremely important
- Complete closing duties assigned, including the following:
- Properly cover, label and change out all pans.
- Store food items in their proper place.
- Wipe down and clean station as assigned.
- Food preparation:
- Organize prep for all stations according to the BEO to ensure that all food is completed on time
- Food is to be prepared in a manner consistent with use records
- Guest requests must be met
- Ensure that food quality is high and consistent
- Daily check on prep and par levels of all items for all stations
- Prep meats, fishes, marinades, sauces and soups at times as directed by the Executive chef.
- Prepare food for the concierge lounge when directed to do so
- Cross train for the Sol Café line in order to relieve the Sol Café lead line cook when scheduled to
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
- Must be able to pass a background check
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”
High School or better.
1-3 years: Cook
Licenses & Certifications