This position is primarily responsible for the daily maintenance and cleanliness of the resort pool and spa features, and surrounding deck areas. Duties include the removal of debris from the water features, balancing chemicals that are required to keep the pool chemical levels within local County Department of Health’s standards, and cleaning pool filter systems.
- Cleans and maintains swimming pool by vacuuming, skimming, cleaning scum gutters and baskets, hand cleaning tile, proper pool chemistry; operates and maintains filters, chlorinators, and pool equipment including pool heating equipment; makes check of PH, chlorine, total chlorine, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and cyanuric levels of pool water; adjusts chlorinators and adds chemicals as required; maintain/repair/replace any motors, pumps, chlorinators, and controllers as needed.
- Conduct daily inspections of the water chemistry and assist in keeping daily and monthly pool readings (records) of all assigned water features.
- Conduct daily safety inspections of the pool deck to include hand rails, safety equipment, and pump rooms make necessary repairs.
- Keep Manager informed of any problems or issues that may arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel
- Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
- Ability to perform “Physical Requirements” and “Mental Effort Requirements” as explained below
- Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times
- Notifies appropriate individuals promptly and fully of all problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel and department standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- 2 years prior experience working in resort pool maintenance position
- Must possess valid AZ Driver’s License
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V