- Adheres to all pool safety standards, including safety procedures for adverse weather conditions
- Knows the location and contents of First Aid Kit
- Greets guests arriving at the pool
- Provides towels to guests, escorts them to chairs and sets up towels on chairs
- Provides and offers menus
- Promptly communicates food and beverage service requests to pool Food and Beverage Servers
- Knowledgeable and able to communicate all hotel Recreation offerings
- Loans recreational items and equipment
- Sets up, refreshes and tears down cabanas
- Assists in set-up and tear down for poolside furniture
- Cleans, maintains and positions pool furniture
- Picks up trash and dirty towels and repositions chairs throughout shift
- Applies excellent guest relations skills when interacting with guests
- Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Turns in lost and found items throughout shift according to hotel procedures
- Monitors and maintains appropriate inventory of pool towels throughout shift, obtaining clean towels from the laundry and returning dirty towels.
- Attends all departmental meetings as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to work as scheduled in proper uniform and in accordance with the company’s personal appearance standards
- Notifies appropriate individuals fully and completely of all problems and unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management, employees
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Executes emergency standards in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with safety regulations policies and procedures
- Complies with hotel department standards, policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent guest service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to lift 20+ lbs. and pull/push 100 lbs.
- First Aid/ CPR certified preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V