PM Server at Sports Page Grill
DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas-Love Field
Location: US - TX - Dallas
DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas - Love Field is searching for talented and energetic individuals to join its dynamic organization. We offer people with talent, passion and integrity a world of opportunity. Our people are our greatest strength. Together, we work to provide products and services that are valued by our customers and by other parties with whom we do business.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the restaurant, the Sports Page Grill. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests' needs and ensuring they feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
- Report to work in proper uniform, presented neat and clean.
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Inspect section prior to lunch/dinner rush (wipe tables, clean window sills, clean table bases, wipe chairs, clean and fill salt & pepper shakers, clean floor).
- Roll lunch/dinner silverware.
- Complete assigned shift duties.
- Run food and help others when able.
- Ensure all guests ordering alcohol have proper ID, are over 21 years of age, and that drinks are not served to intoxicated patrons.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests.
- Serve orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Respond to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Conclude dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return.
- Complete closing shift work.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Handle all cash and credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and complete a TABC and Food Handler's course.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in Basic English.
- Previous serving experience preferred.