At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Complete turndown service at night to prepare them for bedtime and is in accordance with the high standards of the property.
- Service guest rooms as assigned
- Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times.
- Inspect room linens before placing in rooms and return below standard pieces to Laundry.
- Proper utilization of equipment, supplies and guest amenities.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms.
- Changing of soiled linens on beds as needed and remaking beds following the property standards
- Thorough cleanliness of rooms, balconies and room furnishings.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens program.
- Strict follow through on lost and found procedures (for example anything found in rooms that are vacant must be turned into Housekeeping Office directly). No articles should ever be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guests’ property should always be exercised.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Assist Laundry Attendant in Laundry with loading & unloading the washer-dryers and assist in folding of all bath towels including towels from the Spa
- Deliver guest request items within established time limitations.
- Complete any assigned tasks given by Housekeeping Supervisor &/or Manager
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, to maintain accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
- Consistently check all public area bathrooms to ensure standards of cleanliness are achieved
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Neat, pleasant personality.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
- Ability to multi-task
Must be available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Must be available to work evenings and mid shifts.