Title: Guest Services Agent (GSA) / Part Time Night Auditor
Reports to : Front Desk Manager and General Manager
Hours: (3rd shift) 11PM - 7AM, and (2nd shift) 3pm - 11pm)
16 - 30 Hours negotiable
● Provides friendly customer service to all guests and coworkers. All employees are required to greet and
smile at each guest they encounter.
● Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s hotel experience including:
reservations, check-in, in-house stay, checkout and any follow up communications.
● Answers multi-line telephone and directs calls per approved method.
● Accurately completes reservations and inputs in to computer system per hotel policies.
● Registers guests and assigns rooms per hotel policies.
● Accommodates special requests of guests whenever possible.
● Assists in servicing of group room blocks.
● Thoroughly understands and adheres to guest payment policies, credit card processing, cash handling,
check cashing and direct billing.
● Understands room status and room status tracking.
● Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
● Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services in the hotel.
● Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping staff by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts,
late checkouts, early check- ins, special requests and day use rooms.
● Knows cancellation, no-show and walk policies.
● Can make electronic room keys.
● Knows use of front office equipment.
● Processes guest checkouts.
● Uses proper mail, package and message handling procedures.
● Reads and initials front desk log and bulleting board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking
place in the hotel.
● Attends hotel department meetings.
● Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the maintenance department.
● Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the general manager and / or front desk supervisor.
● Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
● Maintains guest confidentiality per Right to Privacy Act.
● Maintains guest’s safety and security per hotel policies.
● Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
● Cleans public space including the lobby, glass, and general area front desk area.
● Assists guests with special requests (driving directions, area attractions, ordering services etc) and delivery
of guest requested items (irons, additional towels / amenity products).
● Perform light maintenance in guest rooms / public space (changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets etc.)
● Performs other tasks as assigned by the Front Desk Manager /Supervisor and / or General
Manager.Provides friendly customer service to all guests and coworkers. All employees are required to
greet and smile at each guest they encounter.
● Represents the hostel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s hostel experience including:
● Accurately completes reservations and inputs in to computer system per hostel policies.
check handling and direct billing.
Night Auditor duties also include:
● Running daily credit card transactions through a settlement process
● Recording daily room occupancy and rate totals
● Recording revenue totals for cash, checks, and credit card transactions
● Generating automated accounting reports for the manager's review
● Handling 3rd party reservations and ensuring proper processing
● Running the computer backup systems
● Maintaining the cleanliness of the Lobby
● Light janitorial duties such as taking out the trash, sweeping, mopping
● Greeting Guests, Checking them into their rooms, & Cashiering
● Stocking Supplies at Front Desk and in other areas of hotel
● Responding to Emergencies such as guest medical issues, criminal activities that require police, power
outages, plumbing issues, shoveling snow, etc.)informing engineer on duty
● Provide Wake Up Calls and Wake Up Knocks to guests when requested.
● Providing Guests with Towels, blankets, pillows, and other personal items as needed
● Must have a positive, friendly attitude.
● Must be able to work with little supervision. Required to be able provide self direction for identifying and
● Work hours must be flexible to allow for working weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
● Must be able to read / write / speak / understand and easily communicate in English with a positive tone of
voice both in person and on the telephone.
● High School diploma or equivalent
● Previous hotel front desk experience helpful but not required
● Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds on occasion. Must be able to stand,
walk, and work on feet for extended periods of time. Requires grasping, writing, typing / keying, extended
periods of standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, and visual acuity.
The Dean Hotel
13 - 15 USD
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No
Entry Level: Yes
Address: 122 Fountain Street , Providence, RI, 02903, US