Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is looking for a FT PM shift Maintenance Engineer to join our team! The role of the Maintenance Engineer responsible for keeping all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management. Takes care of routine maintenance for all guest rooms and the hotel. This is an entry level Engineering position, reporting to the Director of Engineering. It is a full-time position (more than 30 hours/week), 3:30pm-midnight shift. Days will vary and will include weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Guest Rooms: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets, assisting with high speed internet problems, HVAC problems and programming TV’s.
- Public Areas: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Fire alarm/Life safety system: monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation: to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management.
- Tools: clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies: Be available for any emergencies and act in and engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety: to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guest of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records: to read, log, track and interpret reading from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties: to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
- General: Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Conducts room preventative maintenance on all hotel rooms, buildings and equipment.
- Responsible for swimming pool and spa maintenance.
- Assists with picking up trash in the parking lot.
- Assists guests as needed.
- Assists with security and safety checks for the property through visual checks.
- At least 2 years previous hotel engineering experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and associates
- HVAC experience preferred
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better.
2 years: Previous hotel engineering experience
2 years: HVAC knowledge/experience
Licenses & Certifications