A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To operate hotel's switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls and to provide a professional, prompt, and friendly telephone and message service to the hotel guests and staff, and to project an image of reliability and professionalism through such services.
- Maintains a professional attitude towards customers and employees and continuously is aware that a phone conversation is the first impression most people have of the hotel.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and does so in a timely, professional and polite manner. Also, handles all paging and radio communications in a similar manner.
- Assists in filing of folios, registration cards, etc. on a daily basis.
- Keeps alphabetical telephone guest index current and accurate, denoting checked out guests from check in and stay over guests in the appropriate manner.
- May supply information to callers and record messages.
- May keep record of calls placed and toll charges.
- May perform clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- May operate system of bells or buzzers to call individuals in establishment to phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
HS Diploma or equivalent