PBX Operator- PT/Flexible
Loews Ventana Canyon is seeking a PBX Operator to join our team of professionals. Loews Ventana Canyon, Located on 100 acres in the Sonoran Desert, is a four- diamond resort nestled into the foothills of the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. The natural desert setting, spa, golf courses, restaurants and service provide an atmosphere that is designed to help guests, relax, escape and be pampered.
Responsibilities include: answering incoming and in-house phone lines, directing calls and/or taking messages; coordinating communication among hotel personnel; receiving, processing and performing wake-up calls for guests; assist guests in completing outside calls as necessary; maintaining records and/or files of all communication and activities.
- Operates multi-line call equipment
- Answers phones in a polite professional manner
- Uses computer to verify identity/room number of guest being called
- Directs calls to appropriate extension
- Records messages on appropriate form, forwards messages to respective individuals
- Answers questions regarding hotel functions and facilities
- Gives information to guests when requested or connects to proper department/individual
- Transmits messages via two way radio and digital pager
- Receives, processes and performs wake up calls for guests
- Receives and directs phone installation requests and communication line requests in meeting or guest rooms as requested
- Processes guest mail, faxes and packages
- Transmits messages via facsimile machine
- Serves as communications hub during Emergency Procedures
- Maintains required logs, records and files to document department operations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent phone and communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple lines, while maintaining efficient operation
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, basic computer skills,
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUNDAYS
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V