Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Run current house count to determine what you have to sell.
- Check group bookings to see what groups are in-house. Be familiar with in-house meetings.
- Read log book for any information you need to know from the next shift.
- File all registration cards from previous guests.
- Check all messages for guests in-house, make sure message light is on.
- Call guest on voice mail, for any faxes or packages.
- Do wake up calls in a timely manner. Make sure all wake up calls are logged.
- Distribute mail to all guest , put message light on, and put ion appropriate box
- Run telephone and cash lists from computer every hour.
- Handle guests requests for maintenance problems in rooms and then respond to maintenance.
- Notify security or housekeeping of any problems in hotel immediately.
- Handle & monitor fire alarm procedures in a timely manner, report immediately.
- Assist reservation manager with incoming reservations if time permits to do so.
- Call and get hotel occupancies from other hotels in our competitive set.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the back front office area.
- Follow, enforce and observe all policies, standards, and procedures set forth by the hotel, Rooms Division Manager and General manager.
- Always wear appropriate uniform as described by the company policy and maintain personal cleanliness.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Answer switchboards with a courteous tone of voice, and in a timely manner: ( Ex. Good morning, afternoon, evening, this is the Sheraton Uptown Hotel, this is (name) how may I help you?
- Must have knowledge of area and be able to communicate directions to guests clearly and efficiently.
- Must be able to pass a background check.