At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The PBX Operator is responsible for processing incoming and outgoing communications courteously, while maintaining a positive and professional image.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish language.
- Ability to work well with guests to resolve complaints in a positive manner.
- Typing skills of 30 words per minute.
- Previous PBX experience, preferably in a hotel.
- Ability to use radio communications and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Fluent in both English/Spanish languages is a requirement for this position.
Answer and process all incoming/outgoing guest and in-house calls. Check bulletin board and log books for all pertinent information. Forward messages and faxes as needed to guests and various departments. Responsible for radio communications between security, engineering, and MOD in emergency and non-emergency situations.
Assist in Reservations as needed. Attend monthly meetings as needed.
Indoor office setting with a desk, file cabinets, computers, and telephones and with brightly lit florescent overhead lights. Comfortable ventilation with little circulation of air