Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago's most beloved landmarks from the 1890's is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy's Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Job OverviewYou will warmly and enthusiastically greet all incoming calls and assists callers with answers to their questions and ensures theirs calls are forwarded to their desired location. You are also an integral member of the team that handles emergency situations by acting as the communication center and dispatcher for the emergency response team.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically greet all incoming calls, knowledgeably answer questions, anticipate the callers needs, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Create memorable experiences with a fantastic, welcoming personality that can relate to guests & team members.
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty.
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detai l to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Calmly and confidently communicate with and dispatch appropriate emergency personnel
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience involving personalized care and in-depth interaction required. Prior PBX or Front Desk experience in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment preferred.
- Prior experience managing high volume of inbound telephone calls preferred.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Experience with web-based Outlook 365 helpful.
- Must display ability to work with general computer operations, including reservations software (OPERA).
- Experience with web-based communication programs helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
- Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to lift up 25 lbs.
- Must be comfortable sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as business dictates.