San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Ideal Services Agent provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to both associates and guests. The service he/she delivers usually falls under three categories: 1) information assistance, 2) dispatching hotel personnel to complete assignments and 3) trouble-shooting issues/complaints. This vital guest service position delivers this exemplary service primarily over the phone but also utilizes other technology to assign and ensure the completion of tasks. He/she also assists with emergencies (fire, medical, power/system failure).Responsibilities
- Provide clear and pleasant telephone communication in English with proper grammar.
- Ascertain caller's needs and comply with such to ensure callers' satisfaction.
- Accommodate all requests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Route callers to requested guest or the correct hotel personnel/department promptly.
- Respond to all incoming calls according to standard telephone policies and procedures, utilizing Omni guidelines for phone etiquette and appropriate verbiage.
- Monitor busy lines; utilizing established procedures for checking back with callers on hold to update status and offering to take a message.
- Accept, record and deliver wake-up calls accurately and a timely manner according to Omni standards
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of all calls and guest room numbers.
- Utilize effective and professional radio and paging etiquette according to Omni Standards.
- Effectively utilize all software programs to monitor, log and follow up on calls, emergencies and guest requests.
- Remain calm and follow Omni procedures for reacting to an emergency situation.
- Assist in emergency situations as central communication center for Hotel.
- Monitor alarm systems and immediately relay any alerts to the First Responder team according to our Emergency Response procedures.
- Ensure proper working condition of phones, computers and radios; report malfunctions to supervisor.
- Receive, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Activate/deactivate guest room message light accordingly;
- Relay hotel personnel/department messages to designated location promptly.
- Update in-house guest list every two hours from main menu.
- Access system for long distance carrier's foreign language operator.
- Assist callers with credit card, calling card, overseas and person to person calls.
- Allocate designated surcharges, long distance and operator assisted charges to correct guest room billing.
- Handle billing questions and resolve billing issues within the parameters identified by the Front Office Management team.
- Monitor elevator locations.
- Receive, sort, log, message and distribute all guest and staff mail and packages.
- Assist with Front Office functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work the overnight shift
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts that will include weekends, holidays and the overnight shift.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English both verbally and in writing, both in person and by telephone is required.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team is required.
- Knowledge of computers and telephone operations is essential.
- Basic typing skills are required.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations is required.
- Ability to multi-task and to process incoming/outgoing calls quickly is required.
- Previous customer service is required, preferably in an upscale setting.
- Previous guest relations experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with switchboards is preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.