Payroll Support Analyst
The Loews Business Services Center is currently seeking a Payroll Support Analyst to join the team. Home to the Loews Financial and Reservations Shared Services Center, the Business Services Center is located in downtown Nashville, TN in the Fifth Third Center.
This role works as a technical liaison between the payroll operations team, management, and third-party service providers. The role provides proactive problem resolution to eliminate process defects; and, is responsible for project management related to department technology projects and hotel transitions.
- Provide in-person, phone, and email support to Payroll Processors and property HR/Finance teams regarding inquiries, issues, and discrepancies. Tracks support requests in Service-Now software.
- Work closely with ADP Service Consultant to make system changes and to escalate system issues with Enterprise HR/Payroll software.
- Act as system administrator for Enterprise HR/Payroll software and handle production support configuration changes.
- Initiate mass changes to recurring deductions as required by business needs
- Work with UniFocus to make system changes and escalate system issues with timekeeping software and time clock hardware.
- Act as system administrator for UniFocus software and handle production support configuration changes.
- Handle user ID setup for UniFocus and Enterprise software once UAR (user access request) forms have been approved by management. Terminate access to system as appropriate.
- Act as key part of weekly conference calls with software vendors to discuss outstanding support items and open projects.
- Monitor and run interfaces between software solutions and vendors on a regular basis
- Build and modify ADP Reporting reports based on business needs.
- Assist with transitions of hotels onto ADP Enterprise and UniFocus applications.
- Assist with documentation and user acceptance testing on department initiatives.
- Maintain accurate documentation for position tasks and common processes.
Benefit Accrual Duties
- Provide expertise on benefit accrual calculations.
- Assist with ADP setup during changes in benefit accrual policies.
- Monitor system processes during year-end to ensure amounts are loaded as appropriate.
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the BSC.
- Required to attend all training sessions and meetings.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments
- Working payroll knowledge of Section 125 (cafeteria plans) and deferred compensation plans
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to understand complex payroll issues or calculations
- Strong tech savvy and the ability to learn technical subjects quickly.
- High attention to detail
- Superior people skills, including verbal and written communications with all employee levels
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team environment.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Proven ability to handle pressure, heavy work volume and critical deadlines
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly-preferred
- Knowledge of ADP systems
- Knowledge of UniFocus time and attendance system
- General knowledge of database architecture, queries, and report writing
- General understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC), quality assurance (QA), and user acceptance testing (UAT)
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: Minimum three years payroll experience, preferably in a computerized accounting environment. Knowledge of automated workflow preferred.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V