This position will perform the day to day activities associated with payroll processing, work products and deliverables as defined by the process procedures and in accordance with company policy. He/she will be working with other payroll staff, hotel management, employees and in some instances IT and third party providers.
- Checks and audits Team Member timekeeping and pay data records in accord with Loews Hotels & Co. payroll services policies and met forms to generate pay data for the scheduled pay periods.
- Insures all Team Member pays they are processing for are accurate and follow the applicable Federal, State and Local labor laws. Responsible for insuring all hours and earnings are balanced with control documents.
- Insures deductions are properly calculated and reported on to stakeholders. Responsible for reviewing and processing Doc-Link Workflow items for the assigned properties.
- Resolves and documents any errors received pre and post transmission of data to ADP. Processes any payroll documentation as received.
- Completes US audit preparation form for the pay groups that have been assigned within the guidelines of the Loews Hotel & Co Payroll Services policies and Met Forms.
- Processes any Stop Payments or Void Payments in the payroll system. Processes any Wage Garnishment Requests or Inquiries received. Provides phone/email support to employees regarding inquiries and discrepancies.
- Resolves any errors received as they pertain to their assigned pay group.
Knowledge of ADP systems (helpful)
Speaks, reads French (helpful)
Excellent client service skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory.
Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately.
Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
Knowledge of multi-state payroll.
Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments
Proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications.
Working knowledge of Excel
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: Two (2) years related experience in a computerized accounting environment preferably
within a payroll function
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V