Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related
records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary
deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and
documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for
management. Typically the only person responsible for processing payroll.
11. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Prepares or assists with preparation of 1099's as needed. Reconciles contract
labor invoices to General Ledger. Maintains and processes all W-9's / 1099's.
2. Conducts audits on all unclaimed checks and vouchers.
3. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any
equipment and any accidents
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. . High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent
combination of education and experience. AA degree in accounting and CCP
2. Requires three years of related payroll experience. ADP experience desired.
3. Requires general knowledge of payroll, accounting and bookkeeping transactions
commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
4. Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with vendors
and internal/external customers.
5. Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
6. Requires ability to use computers programmed with payroll and accounting
software to record, store and analyze information. Proficiency in MS Office,
including the ability to set up and use spreadsheet programs designed in Excel.
7. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert during busy activity
periods or in an emergency situation.
8. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand
instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests and vendors. Bilingual
9. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
10. Completes all required training as scheduled.
11. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
12. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Processes payroll and payroll changes for all hotel/resort/club team members in
a timely manner. Enters all gratuity, commission and incentive data into payroll
software program. Updates voluntary deductions and process involuntary
2. Maintains and audits time keeping system. Works with payroll service provider to
ensure time keeping and payroll systems function properly.
3. Prepares and distributes Daily Labor Payroll, Labor Distribution and payroll
journal entries for each payroll period.
4. Trains new team member users of the payroll software program.
5. Coordinates with Team Member Services to ensure proper data entry and
processing for new hires, payroll changes and terminations.
6. Responds to team member inquiries about payments and deductions.
7. Processes exception payroll as needed by receiving and verifying approved
8. Maintains all payroll transactions in the computer systems. Maintains payroll
department files and records by pay period. Prepares monthly, quarterly, yearly
or ad hoc reports as required. Prepares spreadsheets for labor audits or special
9. Performs general clerical duties including but limited to filing, photocopying,
faxing, typing, and data entry. Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
Answers, screens and directs incoming calls and emails.
10. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to
manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in
emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to
your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care
of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team
member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or
equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer