Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the daily management of time collection and payroll functions. Ensure timely and accurate payroll and maintenance of Associate Time and Attendance records. .Essential Functions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll laws
- General cashier duties. Issue, audit and maintain all hotel banks.
- Review and ensure gratuities and service charge are accurately entered into the payroll system.
- Prepare daily MBP report.
- Transmit bi-weekly payroll.
- Input time off, vacation request, employee deductions (i.e. misc pay, W4 and garnishments).
- Process manual checks and maintain accurate record of all issued checks.
- Prepare the hotel’s bank deposits, due backs and petty cash.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Payroll Manager.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Payroll experience and knowledge of California labor laws preferred.
• Hotel accounting background preferred
• Experience with Opera, Micros, ADP, Timesaver and Payforce preferred
• Extremely detailed and accurate
• Able to work autonomously
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with MS Excel & Word preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate with departmental managers, associates, guest and the public
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Read, write and speak English fluently