Payroll and Benefits Manager (Temp)
Location: US - FL - Orlando
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Corporate Payroll & Benefits Manager is to ensure all payrolls are processed in compliance with all applicable federal & state laws while following internal policies, procedures & standards. The incumbent is responsible for full understanding, implementation, oversight and management of all payroll and benefits related programs and systems to ensure maximum use.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Centralized bi weekly payroll processing for 1200 + Grand Performers (Employees) within 10 payroll locations
- Oversight & audit of all HRIS systems, processes & vendors including but not limited to: Paylocity (Payroll processing system), WebTime (Timekeeping system), Peak Performance Interface (Scheduling & Labor management system), Payroll Tax filings (Vendor Paylocity), WOTC Tax Credits (Vendor: Paylocity), New Hire Drug Test (Vendor: Sterling Info Systems), Applicant Tracking System integration (Vendor: Taleo, Co-managed with Corporate Recruiter)
- Review and reporting of Unemployment program status & statistics
- Communication and Training of all Payroll/Benefits Related information
- Training all newly hired/promoted supervisors & above on payroll processing responsibilities
- Updating Kessler Exchange with pertinent information for Internal HR team as well as External Grand Performers.
- Oversight & audit of all benefits related processes, selections & vendors
- Ensure monthly benefit open enrollment meetings (co-managed by on-site HR Team.)
- Audit & processing of benefit elections for all Grand Performers into all required systems including but not limited to: UHC (Medical, Dental, FSA, Group Life / AD&D, Vol Life, STD / LTD), VSP (Vision), HIPPA / COBRA and 401K
- System Administration to all feeds: Peak Performance, MICROS Feed, F&B Tips, Gross Receipts
- Payroll Processing for Garnishment (Paylocity Vendor) and Manual checks
- System Administration to SUI Rates and other Government Surveys / Requests, EEO-1
- Audits & Reporting (HR Analytics) of PTO Accrual, Turnover Reports & Analysis, Job Code Analysis, Hours Worked, W2/ACA, Unemployment
- Ensure COBRA Compliance and FSA Compliance & Process
- Process Billing / Audit for all HR related invoices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state employer tax responsibilities
- Knowledge of federal and state wage & hour laws
- Comprehensive knowledge of General ledger interfaces & payroll allocations
- Ability to compile and deliver written or verbal training tools
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot and resolve problems and questions professionally
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Corporate HR Team
- Corporate Controller
- Property HR Directors
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- No direct reports
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree– required
- Previous knowledge/experience with Paylocity (payroll vendor) - required
- 5 years of work experience in all Payroll functions or related industry experience – required
- Hospitality industry experience – preferred
- Experience in similar size organizations – preferred