This position executes general cooking duties at The Hotel Hershey, interns will learn a la carte service, bulk production for banquets, banquet execution, and morning baker positions. With evidence of interest, the interns will have the opportunity to see and learn wedding cakes, confections and showpieces. Rotation within departments will be based on the student's abilities and desire to excel.
This position is available for Spring/Summer Seasons with various start dates between April 2017 - December 2017.
- Preparing pastry product in any assigned areas
- Preparing station
- Preparing food according to The Hotel Hershey standards
- Keeping area neat and clean
- Following guidelines of Sous Chef and Pastry Cook I
- Controlling waste; following company procedures, rules and regulations and helping other areas when necessary.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a culinary/pastry program OR recent culinary/pastry graduate within 6 months of applying.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- One year of kitchen experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- Must have own knives.
- Must have good communication skills to communicate closely with Sous Chef and Pastry Cook I.
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays.
- Physical requirements may including: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking and communicating verbally, performing detailed work at close distances, finger dexterity, lifting ( 35-50 lbs), bending, walking
- Ability to work in varying temperatures subject to extreme heat
- Ability to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment
- Approved slip-resistant, non-skid shoes provided by employee
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer