A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service
Duties & Supporting Responsibilities:
- Confident, helpful and genuine with internal and external customer
- Serves guests with a sense modesty and humility
- Understands the service-profit chain concept (e.g. happy colleagues ð happy guests ð profit)
- Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
- Listens carefully and works well with other colleagues
- Uses resources efficiently
- Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
- Is sensitive to cultural differences and diversity
- Delivers on all expected standards
- Language and communication skills meet the needs of the role
- Manages own responsibilities and accountability, delivers what is promised
- Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision, as required
- Responds with enthusiasm when under pressure or in challenging circumstances
- Represents the brand in a professional manner and displays brand loyalty - a true brand ambassador
- Demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and MOHG FLHSS standards and works in a safe, healthy and hygienic manner at all times
- Demonstrates competence in using equipment, such as knives, machinery (slicers, mincers, ovens) in a safe and competent manner.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in the culinary department of a luxury hotel or restaurant and / or a culinary degree.
- Basic to good knowledge of Pastry
- Able to handle service and stay organized in a busy restaurant
- Able to work a busy station
- Great love of cooking
- Able to follow recipes and produce quickly and efficiently
- Quick learner who wants to experience and learn
- Able to work within the guidelines of the Companies Fire, Life and Safety Program and transfer the knowledge to Colleagues.
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
- High energy
- Advanced HACCP certification or equivalent
- Additional languages
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software
- Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.(ref. 49198)