Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position will plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to, pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, displays/centerpieces, in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.Essential Functions
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements
- Meet with Pastry Chef/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Establish priority items for the day and inform the Pastry Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks
- Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides
- Produce centerpieces for Banquets and buffets
- Display items attractively and to specified requirements
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Pastry Chef before leaving
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Previous upscale hotel experience
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- Should have any required certification to Handle Food
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Comprehend and follow recipes
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills