Pastry Cook I (Signature)
A Magnificent & Iconic Hill Country Resort
For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera.
Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio.
This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is an exception product with a great culture and team to grow your career with.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements
- Meet with Pastry Chef/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Establish priority items for the day and inform the Pastry Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks
- Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides
- Produce centerpieces for Banquets and buffets
- Display items attractively and to specified requirements
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Pastry Chef before leaving
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Previous upscale hotel experience
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- Should have any required certification to Handle Food
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Comprehend and follow recipes
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills